Chicken Tikka Kebabs. At the same time, warm the tortillas or chapatis on one side of the barbecue, wrapping them in foil. Serve two kebabs per person, with two tortillas or chapatis and plenty of salad. Chicken Tikka Kebab are tender cooked chunks of chicken marinated in yogurt and spices that is cooked to perfection with mixed peppers and onions.
These Chicken Tikka Kebabs are fab to have for supper, or even lunch. You can prepare them in advance to save some time and they'll even freeze well when cooked. Chicken Tikka Kebabs in a richly spiced yogurt marinade. You can cook Chicken Tikka Kebabs using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Kebabs
- Prepare of Chicken Marinade.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts cubed.
- You need 125 ml of greek yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Ground coriander.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of juice lemon.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Flatbreads.
- You need 4 tbsp of Greek yoghurt.
- Prepare 4-6 tbsp of self raising flour + more for hands.
- It’s Splash of olive oil.
- It’s of Salad (Kachumber).
- Prepare Half of cucumber deseeded and chopped finely.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes deseeded and chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 of red onion chopped finely.
- You need Handful of fresh coriander chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 of juice lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
Grilled, barbecued or griddled to perfection, they make an easy, family-pleasing dinner! Serve them simply with rice or chapati, or go all out with a big Indian buffet – I've got lots of ideas below!. A fantastic way to pep up chicken, pack it with flavour and ensure it's nice and juicy. Forget ordering a takeaway, make these instead!
Chicken Tikka Kebabs instructions
- Combine all marinade ingredients with the chicken, mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour but ideally overnight. Fry your chicken on a hot pan, skewer and grill, or bake in oven at 230 degrees for 15-20 minutes..
- Combine Greek yoghurt and self raising flour in a bowl and mix adding more flour where necessary. Flour hands and knead quickly on a lightly oiled surface. Split into four and roll out one at a time. Put breads on dry pan at high heat for 1 minute each side..
- Mix the tomato, cucumber and red onion in a bowl. Add lemon juice and salt and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add chopped coriander before serving..
- Place chicken and salad on bread with sauce of your choice. I use garlic mayo and sriracha sauce..
Mild chunks of tikka seasoned chicken threaded on a stick make a great addition to any party food table, or served up with a simple salad and some dips for a light lunch. If you want to liven up chicken breasts, try these Chicken Tikka Kebabs this week. Classic chicken tikka is cooked in an ultra-hot oven called a tandoor, and using a barbecue at home gives a similar charred and smoky result to this classic Punjabi dish. With pineapple & chilli "Replicate the magic heat of a tandoor oven in a regular kitchen pan for juicy chicken with a gorgeous gnarly coating. It's such a straightforward recipe, with all the flavour coming from the spice paste, while my secret ingredient – pineapple – adds a little sweetness.