Lamb kebabs. Sprinkle both sides of the lamb cubes with salt and pepper. From doner kebabs to minty Greek-style koftas, we've got plenty of inspiration. Traditionally, Shish Kebab is made with lamb, a spicy marinade or basting sauce, and intermixed with various vegetables.
Perfect for grilling season and summer parties. I rarely make this grilled Greek lamb kebabs recipe, but it is definitely worth trying. Put the garlic, onion and spices in a processor and whiz to form a paste. You can cook Lamb kebabs using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lamb kebabs
- Prepare of Lamb chunks, trimmed off all visible fat.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 of greenpepper,diced.
- It’s 1 of cucumber diced.
- You need 1 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 1 of onion,diced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dried thyme.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ginger and garlic paste.
- You need cubes of Seasoning.
Add the minced lamb and herbs and pulse again until mixed. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Season with black pepper, then add the marinade, and toss to coat. These spicy lamb kebabs are perfect for the barbecue.
Lamb kebabs step by step
- In a bowl,stir together vegetable oil,all spices,seasoning& salt,brown sugar and lemon juice..
- Add lamb in a plastic bag and pour over marinade and mix everything together.Marinate for an hour in the fridge..
- Soak skewers in warm water for few minutes before assembling lamb chunks and vegetables on skewer..
- Grill kebabs..
Add lamb and toss until thoroughly coated. The most affordable way to purchase the spices is in bulk at either a health food store or an Asian or Middle-Eastern market. These spicy ground lamb kebabs are best cooked over fire but can work on an indoor grill pan or cast-iron skillet. Aleppo pepper and biber salçası, a spicy red paste made from sun-dried chiles. These Lamb Kofta Kebabs are adapted from a recipe by Efendy, a popular Turkish restaurant in Balmain, Sydney.