Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can cook Malai kofta using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- You need of For kofta:.
- You need 1 cup of paneer grated.
- It’s 1 cup of potato, boiled & mashed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of conflour.
- Prepare 1/2 of garammasala.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need As required of oil for deepfrying.
- Prepare of For curry:.
- Prepare 3 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sliced ginger.
- It’s 1-2 of green chilli divided in two parts.
- Prepare 2 of onion.
- It’s 2 of tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger/garlic paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of haldi powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt or as per ur taste.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of curd.
- It’s 1 tsp of kitchen king masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kasturi methi.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai kofta instructions
- Firstly, mix all the ingredients to make small round kofta.Roll them in corn flour for extra crisp out covering deep fry in hot oil, stir fry all kofta till golden brown in colours..
- Cut onion, tomato and then take a pan add little oil then add onion and tomato saute them till light pink in colour. Now make a paste of it.Take a pan add oil heat, then add sliced chilli and ginger to it saute,then add paste and saute..
- After that add ginger,garlic paste and mix,saute for a while..
- Then add all remaining spices including kitchen king masala, saute well.Add curd to the gravy and mix till masala leaves oil..
- Now add water to it and cover for 3/4 minute. After then add kasuri methi leaves While serving in a plate add kofta to the curry and enjoy with naan,roti,paratha,rice.
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.