Paneer Kofta (Malai Kofta). Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai Kofta and paneer kofta are often referred to as synonyms. In both these Indian dishes, fried vegetable meatballs are dunked in a rich and creamy gravy. 'Malai' is the Hindi term for fresh cream, hence if the cream is added in the gravy the final dish is called malai kofta. Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. You can cook Paneer Kofta (Malai Kofta) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Paneer Kofta (Malai Kofta)
- You need 100 gms of Paneer.
- You need 1-2 small sized of Potato.
- You need 2 bowls of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Curd.
- It’s 2 pieces of Chopped green chilli.
- You need 2 pieces of Chopped red chilli.
- It’s 1 piece of Chopped onions.
- You need 1 piece of Chopped garlic.
- It’s 1/2 piece of Chopped ginger.
- You need 1-2 pieces/ 1-2 tablespoon of Tomato or Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Green chilli (For Decorations).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Poha powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Garam masala.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Fried masala.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare as required of Cooking oil (Preferred mustard oil or Olive oil).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). Malai Kofta Recipe with stepwise photos. Delicious melt in the mouth paneer kofta in a creamy, rich, mild and lightly sweet gravy. in this delicious restaurant style malai kofta recipe, the koftas are made with paneer and potatoes. these melt in the mouth paneer kofta are dunked in a creamy, sweet and mildly spiced curry. Making paneer malai kofta a four-step process: make the cottage cheese and potato balls, shallow fry them in some oil, make the curry and put it all together.
Paneer Kofta (Malai Kofta) instructions
- Cut the panner into blocks and wash those in a fresh water..
- Peel the potatoes and boil it for few minutes..
- Smash both the paneer and potatoes nicely along with poha powder, garam masala, fried masala and salt quantity wise..
- Make the round shape paneer balls by using cooking oil in your hands..
- Heat the pan and fry the round shaped paneer balls by using cooking oil or olive oil for better health and keep them aside after frying..
- Fry the potatoes again by pouring some oil and keep them aside..
- Let's prepare Kofta curry by heating the pan, pour some cooking oil and add little bit of mustard seeds with the mentioned ingredients lie chopped onions, chopped garlic,chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, chopped red chilli, chopped tomato or a tablespoon of tomato sauce (as needed)..
- Add fried potatoes, and in the meantime add water and saute it properly..
- Finally, add those prepared paneer balls one after another and sprinkle salt to taste and cover it for at least five minutes..
- Turn off the flame and serve the delicious Paneer Kofta by garnishing curd and green chillies (As I have decorated in here).
Mix grated paneer, boiled and mashed potatoes, finely cut green chillies, white pepper, cardamom and salt. Check out more kofta curry recipes Lauki kofta // Malai kofta // Vegetable kofta. This preparation is for making gravy paste. malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy.