Paneer Kofta. You may or may not need water. If the mixture looks dry then add otherwise skip. Paneer Kofta Recipe – About Paneer Kofta Recipe: A north Indian delicacy, this paneer recipe is not just any regular version of Paneer Kofta, but is stuffed with aromatic goodness of raisins and khoya along with various spices, deep fried and simmering hot in a creamy gravy.
Whether you are looking for paneer kofta recipe to serve it as a snack or as a curry with gravy for sumptuous meal, this easy recipe will satisfy your needs and excite your palate. the kofta's are basically a small round shaped balls stuffed with either meat or choice of veggies. typically kofta or kofte's are prepared with grounded minced meat which is later fried till crisp. however in india the kofta's are generally vegetarian and are prepared with vegetables or paneer. you can easily find paneer kofta, aloo kofta, lauki kofta, banana kofta and even mixed. Paneer Kofta is a widely popular gluten-free Indian main-course dish. The vegetarian meatballs are prepared with potato and grated cottage cheese. You can cook Paneer Kofta using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Paneer Kofta
- You need 4 (300 gms) of Boiled Potato.
- Prepare 125 gms of Paneer.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (30 gms) of Poppy Seeds paste.
- It’s of Paste.
- Prepare 3 (300 to 350 gms) of Tomato.
- You need 2 of Green Chilies.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Corn Flour.
- Prepare 2 to 3 tbsp of Green Coriander (finely chopped).
- Prepare 5 to 6 of Cashew nuts.
- It’s 15 to 20 of Raisins.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger Paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Green Chilies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 tsp or to taste of Salt.
- Prepare As needed of Oil for Kofta and Curry.
Whereas, the gravy has a base of onion, tomato and cashew paste. Many malai kofta recipes suggest adding all-purpose flour as a binder in the kofta mixture. The Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe is a delicious preparation paneer (homemade cottage cheese) that is simmered in a spiced tomato gravy. Kofta's are traditionally deep fried vegetable or cheese balls that are dipped in a spicy curry.
Paneer Kofta step by step
- Take boiled potatoes,peel them. Grate them, grate paneer too..
- Add spices to the mix, add salt, finely chopped green chilli,a little green coriander, add cornflour too. Mix all. Add chopped cashews and raisins. Mix well..
- Lift some dough, give a round shape,flatten it, make a hollow. Add cashew pieces and raisins,close it and give it a round shape. Bind well..
- Heat some oil in wok for koftas. Once oil is rightly hot, put Koftas to fry, Fry well until golden brown..
- Take it out.Hold the ladle on the edge of the wok,so that extra oil goes back to the wok.Put the kofta in a plate.Prepare all koftas likewise.It takes 5 minutes to fry koftas at once. We have made 15 koftas with this quantity of dough.
- To prepare gravy, Heat a pan, Add oil to it. Add cumin seeds,turmeric powder,coriander powder and ginger paste.Slightly roast the spices..
- .Add tomato green chilli paste, poppy seeds paste. Stir it at regular intervals,Roast it till oil separates from the spices,red chilli powder. Keep medium flame. Once oil separates add water, later add more water. Add salt, garam masala and green coriander.Cover and cook the gravy for 7 to 8 minutes..
- Put the koftas in the gravy.Turn off flame.Cover the koftas for 2 minutes. Take out the koftas in a bowl. Garnish the curry with some chopped green coriander..
- Yummy Aloo Paneer Kofta curry is ready, You can serve sumptuous Aloo Paneer kofta curry,with chapati, paratha, naan or rice..
This recipe of kofta is healthy as the kofta's are not deep fried but instead made in a kuzhi paniyaram pan. Paneer Kofta recipe, unjabi Paneer Kofta Curry with detailed step by step photos and videos. Crisp outside and soft inside, these Paneer Koftas have the distinct flavour which impart a richness that perfectly matches the gravy that dresses these koftas. Paneer Kofta is a North Indian recipe, which is prepared with spices, paneer, yoghurt, almonds, corn flour and fresh cream. This delicious kofta recipe is a mouth-watering dish that you can prepare for your friends and family on special occasions and festivals.