Popcorn Chocolate Cake. Three layers of rich, moist chocolate cake, paired with amazing brown butter popcorn frosting and caramel popcorn in between the layers for a little bit of crunch! Heavily drizzled with caramel sauce, this Caramel Popcorn Chocolate Cake is a showstopper! A molded cake of popcorn, chocolate, peanuts and marshmallow.
It's easy to make with simple ingredients. I am CRAZY about popcorn, OBSESSED with chocolate, LOVE cake, which led to this spicy chocolate popcorn cake! This RICH chocolate cake is frosted in chocolate buttercream icing and then topped off with chocolate ganache and SPICY buttered popcorn! You can have Popcorn Chocolate Cake using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Popcorn Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 1 packet of Popcorn (unsalted).
- It’s 200 grams of Chocolate.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 100 grams of Butter.
- Prepare of Cherry or any other fruit (for garnishing).
Tips on Making This Popcorn Cake: It may be slightly messy, but there are a few ways you can avoid some of the craziness! Don't overheat the marshmallow and butter. Just make sure it's melted and mixed all the way through, and you're good to go! When adding the marshmallow mixture, add the chocolate candies last.
Popcorn Chocolate Cake step by step
- In a pan, melt sugar, chocolate, 2 tbsp butter and mix well..
- In a large bowl, put popcorn and pour the melted chocolate mixture in it. Mix it well with the popcorn..
- Take a mould and grease it with butter. Put the chocolate-popcorn mixture in the mould and keep pressing it well with a greased spatula. Keep pressing it hard so that there is no air left in between..
- Decorate it shredded chocolate and cherries or any other fruit of your choice..
Pour popcorn into a large bowl. Large roasting pan works for me. Pour melted marshmallow mixture over corn, nuts and candies. Turn cake out immediately onto a large plate. Let "set" overnight for easy cutting.