Aloo Kofta with Spiced Tomato Sauce Potato balls with Spiced Tomato Sauce. Taste The Delicious, Italian-Inspired Red Pasta Sauce From Classico. Traditionally, this dish is comprised of fried potato, veggie, and cheese meatball dumplings floating in a spiced tomato sauce. Served with rice or flat bread, it really is a treat.
Of course we modified this recipe and made it both vegan and gluten-free, but kept all of the tastiness and fragrant flavors. Gently reheat the tomato sauce to a simmer and spread a small amount on the bottom of a serving dish. Add the drained gnocchi, then spoon the remaining sauce on top. You can have Aloo Kofta with Spiced Tomato Sauce Potato balls with Spiced Tomato Sauce using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Aloo Kofta with Spiced Tomato Sauce Potato balls with Spiced Tomato Sauce
- You need 450 g of potatoes.
- You need 100 g of frozen peas.
- It’s 3 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white flour make a batter with water not to thick & not to thin.
- Prepare as needed of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of 🌻FOR THE SAUCE:.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger & garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes, skinned and chopped.
- You need 250 ml of water.
- Prepare of Fresh Coriander / mint for garnish.
Drizzle with a little olive oil and serve immediately. Serve potato gnocchi with tomato sauce. Kofta is a family of meatball or meatloaf dishes found in the Indian subcontinent, South Caucasian, Middle Eastern, Balkan, and Central Asian cuisines. In the simplest form, koftas consist of balls of ground meat – usually beef, chicken, lamb or mutton, pork, or a mixture – mixed with spices or onions.
Aloo Kofta with Spiced Tomato Sauce Potato balls with Spiced Tomato Sauce instructions
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Peel and mash. Cook the peas and add them to the potato, breaking them down slightly..
- Add the spring onions, chilli, coriander, spices, lemon and salt. Mix well and form into 18 balls. Roll each one in flour better then coat with bread crumbs knocking off any excess..
- Make the sauce by heating the oil and frying the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, ginger paste and spices and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and water and cook until the tomatoes have broken and the sauce has thickened..
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep pan. Fry the koftas in batches until golden. Drain on kitchen towel and serve covered in the sauce. Garnish with coriander / mint..
- Enjoy !.
In Muslim areas, pork is not used, and in India, beef is not used. When ready to serve, pour the sauce overtop the kofta (only use what you will eat in one sitting, as the kofta get soggy once in the sauce), then pour the reserved coconut milk over top the kofta. Enjoy with Indian flatbread and/or basmati rice. Vegetarian kofta balls are often served with a spiced tomato curry sauce or napoli-style tomato sauce. This vegetarian kofta recipe is packed full of fresh grated veggies, not minced so you can still see and taste all the fresh flavours once the kofta ball has been deep fried/oven baked.