Dahi kebab. Dahi kabab recipe – A restaurant style snack. Dahi kababs are also known as dahi ke kabab. They are quite a common kind of vegetarian kebabs eaten in Northern India.
They are loved by many for their soft mouth melting interior texture while they are crisp from. The dahi kabab recipe I am sharing is the traditional method, which uses besan aka gram flour as the binding agent. It does not use ingredients like paneer or breadcrumbs. You can cook Dahi kebab using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Dahi kebab
- You need of For filling 1 tbsp ghee.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cashew.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fried onion chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of fennel seeds crushed.
- It’s 2 of green chilli chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander leaves chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of roasted jeera powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of hung curd.
- You need of For dahi kebab – 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper crushed.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 cup of hung curd.
- You need 1/4 cup of roasted gramflour.
- It’s of For coating – 2 cup bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of poha crushed.
- Prepare of Oil for shallow fry.
Actually this is how I make dahi kabab and have been making them for some years now. Breadcrumbs and paneer are not used traditionally while making dahi ke kebab. Dahi Ke Kebab Recipe – About Dahi Ke Kebab Recipe: Dahi kebabs or Dahi ke kebab are a popular vegetarian snack option to prepare on special occasions or festivals. Made with spiced yogurt mixed with besan. paneer and a host of spices, these simply melt in your mouth.
Dahi kebab step by step
- For filling – In a pan add ghee cashewnut, roast till golden brown in colour. Chopped and keep aside..
- In a bowl add roasted cashewnut, fried onion, fennel seeds,chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, salt to taste, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, mix it well..
- Add hung curd, mix it well, keep aside..
- For dahi kebab – In a bowl add fresh bread crumbs, salt to taste,roasted gram our, black pepper powder, mix well..
- Take a small portion of dahi kebab & stuff the filling. Seal it properly to make a round ball..
- Coat it with Brad crumb mixture. Make the rest of it with remaining filling as same..
- Keep in the freeze for 5 minutes so that it holds it's shape..
- Heat oil in a kadai, fry the dahi kebab on medium heat till nice golden in colour and crisp from all the sides..
- Remove on an absorbent paper to remove an excess amount of oil..
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Mostly made in North Indian homes, this kebab recipe is a popular option in many restaurant menus as well. Dahi Kebab is a very unusual Indian appetizer, starter or snack recipe. These kebabs are made using hung curd, which is basically the strained thick yogurt, or strained Greek yogurt. Making them is effortless and quick. The Dahi Ke Kebab is a classic Mughlai appetizer that can make you a star in your parties.