Kofta veg. Mix Veg kofta curry recipe with step by step photos – delicious and creamy restaurant style kofta curry made with mix vegetables. It is a rich gravy so best meant for special occasions or for an indulgent weekend lunch or dinner. Veg Kofta Curry is an exotic Indian gravy dish made from mix vegetable dumplings dunked in a onion-tomato based gravy.
Veg Kofta Recipe – cooked mixed vegetables are mixed with spices and besan, then formed into balls and deep fried till crisp and golden brown. These kofta's outer later is real crisp while the inside is soft and melt in your mouth kind. Add the kofta to the skillet, and turn the heat to low. You can have Kofta veg using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Kofta veg
- It’s 1/2 kg of ghiya.
- You need 2 of onions.
- You need 4-5 of tomatoes.
- You need 4 tsp of gram flour.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ajwain.
- Prepare as needed of oil.
My mother-in-law is Indian and let me in on a secret: The vegetable balls from IKEA® make for a great and ridiculously easy vegetarian kofta curry. Vegetable Malai Kofta Curry Recipe (Non Fried) is a healthy version of the traditional dish that is a specialty of Northern India. The curry has small vegetable balls known as Kofta's that are usually fried before adding it to the spicy gravy. Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world.
Kofta veg step by step
- Take ghiya and peel it and grate it after that squeeze it with two hands..
- Take a bowl add grated ghiya,besan, salt,red chilli powder,cumin seeds,ajwain,1 tsp oil and mix well & make a dough..
- Take a pan add oil for deep fry. take some dough,make small balls and deep fry it..
- Make onion and tomato puree in grinder..
- Now take a wok add 2 tsp oil adnd add cumin seeds & crackle it. add onion,tomato paste and cook for 4-5 min..
- Add spices and mix well..
- Cook for 3 min..
- Add water and kofta and saute for 2 min..
- Boil it for 10 to 15 min..
- Now serve it..
It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Deep-fried mixed vegetable balls served with a smooth and delicious bottle gourd and pumpkin based curry a mixed vegetable kofta curry requires a bit of preparation to cook. It is an ideal dish for a party or a special Sunday lunch. Melt in the mouth koftas along with the silky spicy gravy taste just as great with rotis as they do with rice. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry.