Kofta_in_tahini_sauce. This recipe for Kofta with tahini is long overdue. What kept me from posting it earlier is that I usually make this kofta when I am tight on time. It is one of those recipes I make on autopilot.
My husband grew up in the Middle East. I've had the pleasure of visiting his hometown, Dubai, a couple of times. It was exciting and beautiful, of course, but what I remember most is the wooden dining. You can cook Kofta_in_tahini_sauce using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Kofta_in_tahini_sauce
- Prepare 500 g of kofta.
- It’s 3 of potatoes medium size – sliced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Tahini.
- Prepare 1 of onion – sliced.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of lemon – juiced.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of yoghurt.
- You need 2 of garlic gloves – crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of 7 spices.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil – for frying.
- It’s 1 tsp of toasted almond or pine nuts.
Line a large roasting pan with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup). Place about one-quarter of the meat in a large mixing bowl. I think of Middle Eastern Kufta Baked with Potatoes and Tahini Sauce as something of a Middle Eastern meatloaf and potato casserole. Onion, herbs, and warm Middle Eastern spices are mixed with ground beef, then topped with sliced potatoes and covered with a creamy tahini and yogurt sauce that is fragrant with lemon and garlic.
- Fry potatoes in oil.
- In a suitable pan, pour oil, add onion and stir until cooked.
- Shape kofta in long sausage shapes.
- In a suitable pan, pour 1/2 cup of the vegetable oil and fry kofta fingers.
- In a suitable tray, layer the onions then, add the potato slices ending with the kofta fingers.
- In a bowl combine tahini, lemon juice and water together.
- Add yoghurt, crushed garlic, paprika, black pepper, 7 spices and mix all together to form a smooth paste.
- Flip over the tahini sauce and the kofta, cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted almonds or pine nuts and sprinkle with 7 spices.
- Can be served with cooked rice.
Kofta is the common term for the combination of ground meat, onions and spices shaped into balls and cooked. In this turkey kofta kebab recipe, ground turkey and minced onion are mixed with cumin and allspice to make a delicious grilled dinner. Look for tahini, a sesame paste, with Middle Eastern ingredients or in the natural-foods section of the supermarket. Grease a pan with vegetable oil. In your food processor, process meat, parsley and onion until you get a smooth texture. Add tomatoes, olive oil, black pepper, cardamom and salt. Process again until you get a smooth paste. It can either be made to be eaten with Arabic bread (with a little sauce) or with rice (with more sauce).