Lauki kofta. Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi). First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law's home. I had never heard nor knew that a curry is made from bottle gourd koftas.
how to make bottle gourd kofta curry with detailed photo and video recipe. simple, healthy bottle guard recipe or lauki recipe prepared from deep fried grated bottle gourd with tomato and onion based sauce. this is an ideal curry and and best alternative to traditional malai kofta curry and can be easily served with roti or chapathi. Lauki Kofta curry is very popular curry recipe from Hyderabad. For those who does not know, Lauki Kofta = deep fried balls made from bottle gourd and some spices. You can have Lauki kofta using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lauki kofta
- Prepare 1/2 kg of lauki.
- Prepare 150 gms of besan.
- You need 1/2 tsp each of turmeric powder, red chilli powder.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 of green chillies.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare as required of oil to deep fry.
So, lauki kofta curry means fried bottle gourd balls in onion-tomato gravy. Lauki Kofta Recipe – About Lauki Kofta Recipe: Bottle gourd or Lauki is generally a boring vegetable to many people, especially kids. But one way to add this healthy vegetable in diet is to make yummy deep- fried koftas out of it. The combination of fried koftas and spicy curry is wonderful and would be loved by people of all ages.
Lauki kofta instructions
- Grate Kadhai add besan, salt and mix it.then make a small ball and deep fried it.
- Take a grinder add onion, tomato and green chilli and grind it.
- Take a cooker add oil and fry the grind mixture. Then add ginger garlic paste and all spices.
- Then add water and make a gravy and after then add kofte..
- Now serve it with chapati.
The presence of Lauki in the kofta remains unrealized. Lauki Kofta Curry has these koftas prepared with lauki in a larger proportion, in comparison to potato, to minimize the caloric value of the dish. Also, koftas are not deep fried, but are simmered and cooked in the gravy itself. This makes a tasty combination with Lachha Soya Paratha. Lauki Kofta Recipe is a recipe in which koftas are prepared by deep frying using ghee, gram flour, and some spices and then served in a spicy gravy of onion-tomato.