How to make anchor text is easy. I know there are many reasons and reasons why people make anchor text. I don’t really care what your goal is, because in this material I will only explain how to do it .
I will explain it in two parts …
Creating Anchor Text Manually
It’s called manual, because we did it without the help of any tools, including the text tools in the CMS (Content Management System) that you use.
If you’re used to using WordPress, we don’t need to do this manually.
Well, to create anchor text manually, you don’t want to want to have to rush to learn HTML code even though it’s only a simple script . Dikit really mah , if you want to just create anchor text .
I have shared the HTML code at the beginning of this article.
The <a> tag indicates that you want to create a link . While the href attribute tells where the link was directed.
So, the anchor text above tells you that the link will point to https://runhealdsburg.com/seo/ with the text link Runhealdsburg.com.
This is the result: Runhealdsburg.com .
In practice, yes, when you click on the link above, you will go to Revorma’s homepage .
It’s the text link part that you have to change so that the anchor text also changes, even though the destination URL is the same.
1 URL, many anchor text .
I hope you understand yes . More or less so.
TIPS : The use of HTML links ( hyperlinks ) is not limited to here. You can create local links , link colors , apply target attributes as needed, etc.
Don’t be confused, you can google or try to learn about this HTML link at W3Schools .
How to Create Anchor Text Using Block Text
For the second way this is the opposite of the fully-manual #1 method . This second method uses the help of a text editor (possibly) in each CMS that you use.
Why I call it possible, because — to be honest — I’m less familiar with CMS other than WordPress. Apart from WP, what I hold most often is Blogspot, and in Blogspot itself there is also this block text option to create hyperlinks .
The method is as follows:
- First, type as usual the text you want to use as anchor text . For example: Revorma
- After that, block the text “Revorma” above
- Select the “chain” icon in the visual tab of the WordPress text editor . When you hover over the icon, an “Insert/edit link” will appear.
- Click and enter the URL that is the destination of your anchor text . For example: https://runhealdsburg.com/
- Then, click the enter icon (angled arrow) to execute
- And, hyperlink creation is complete. And with an anchor text you specify. The good thing about this method is that you don’t need to know how complicated the HTML code is like in method #1.
- (Optional) You can add an additional _blank attribute by clicking the gear icon when you enter the target URL. Just check it and the link you created will automatically open in a new browser tab .
Anchor text is usually used for several purposes:
- Create backlinks
- Create internal links
- Create custom menus
If you are in SEO, you have to be careful in making this anchor text, because if you don’t have a knowledge base, the results can be fatal, read this super complete explanation of the chord text .